EI Tuc Developmental Specialist Bilingual
RISE Early Intervention is a growing organization that provides support to families of children birth to three years of age with disabilities or special developmental needs, helping them to build on their child's strengths, and to enhance and promote the child's growth, development and learning skills in their natural environment
We are currently seeking a Bilingual English/Spanish Developmental Specialist Interventionist for our AzEIP Program to be a part of the EI Core Team. The Core Team is composed of the following disciplines: Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, and Developmental Specialists. The Arizona Early Intervention Program provides support to families of children birth to three years of age with disabilities or special developmental needs, assisting them on learning developmental skills such as gross motor, fine motor, language, and facilitate engagement in activities, routines and events of everyday life.
RELEVANT INFORMATION: This is an independent contract position. This contract will be covering a case load in Tucson, AZ and locations throughout Pinal, Pima and Santa Cruz counties.
- Developmental Specialists will work as part of a comprehensive multidisciplinary team in order to provide evaluations, assessments, planning, and on going services in collaborations with the child's family and other community representatives.
- Demonstrate knowledge in AzEIP and DDD policies and Professionalism, Child Development, Family Professional Partnerships, Teaming, Assessment and Evaluation, Planning and Intervention.
- Developmental Specialist participate in one-on-one sessions.
- Supports and services are conducted in a natural environment (typically home, daycare, park, etc.) in context of the family's typical routines and activities so that information is meaningful and directly relevant to supporting the child.
- Flexible schedule, willing to work evenings or weekends, as needed for service provision to families.
Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, Speech Language Pathology Assistant, Special Education, or other related field is required
- Completion of the AzEIP Standards of Practice and Early Interventionists within three (3) years of employment, demonstrate knowledge of Core Team Model, AzEIP Policies and Procedures
- Pediatric experience a plus
- Travel to attend meetings/trainings in Tucson and other locations in and around Pinal, PIma and Santa Cruz counties
- Must be able to complete a successful background check and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills is required
Important Notes - RISE Early Intervention offers competitive pay depending on experience.
RISE Early Intervention is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of status of personal characteristics
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.