DSP - SLC Summer Team Lead
RISE Services, a nonprofit human services organization, is seeking a Summer Program Group Lead. Summer Program is designed to provide structured activities for teens and children with developmental disabilities and/or mental health needs.
The Summer Program runs from June 1st through the middle/end of August, Monday thru Friday. Staff must be able to commit for the entire summer, complete all required trainings before the program begins, and have reliable transportation for pick-up and drop-off. This is a temporary/seasonal position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Plan and facilitate activities for the clients
- Assist Coordinator with staff responsibilities within the program
- Responsible for documentation of program progress for clients
- Provide socialization skills for clients through group and learning activities
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
- Transport clients as necessary to achieve goals in assistance and skills development.
- Provide assistant to clients based on individual needs to include, but not limited to daily living, hygiene, mobility, social skills, therapy and other medical needs.
- Meet administrative expectations to include, but not limited to following policies on hours documentation, detailing notes on shift
- Follow RISE Mission, Vision, and Values by showing respect and promoting choice.
- Ensure the environment is free of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, and ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years.
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years if required to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency.
- Must pass background clearance.
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
- Be flexible with hours worked, depending on availability. Availability can change based on client needs.
- Experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred.
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.