DSP - Price
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
- Plan and provide options for activities to promote daily development based on individual needs of clients.
- Transport clients as necessary to achieve goals in assistance and skills development.
- Provide assistant to clients based on individual needs to include, but not limited to daily living, hygiene, mobility, social skills, therapy and other medical needs.
- Meet administrative expectations to include, but not limited to following policies on hours documentation, detailing notes on shift
- Follow RISE Mission, Vision, and Values by showing respect and promoting choice.
- Ensure the home environment is free of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, and ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years.
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years if required to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency.
- Must pass background clearance.
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
- Be flexible with hours worked, depending on availability. Availability can change based on client needs.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.