DSP - Ogden Summer Team Lead
RISE Services, a nonprofit human services organization, is seeking a Summer Program Group Lead. Summer Program is designed to provide structured activities for teens and children with developmental disabilities and/or mental health needs.
The Summer Program runs from June 1st through the middle/end of August, Monday thru Friday. Staff must be able to commit for the entire summer, complete all required trainings before the program begins, and have reliable transportation for pick-up and drop-off. This is a temporary/seasonal position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Plan and facilitate activities for the clients
- Assist Coordinator with staff responsibilities within the program
- Responsible for documentation of program progress for clients
- Provide socialization skills for clients through group and learning activities
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
- Transport clients as necessary to achieve goals in assistance and skills development.
- Provide assistant to clients based on individual needs to include, but not limited to daily living, hygiene, mobility, social skills, therapy and other medical needs.
- Meet administrative expectations to include, but not limited to following policies on hours documentation, detailing notes on shift
- Follow RISE Mission, Vision, and Values by showing respect and promoting choice.
- Ensure the environment is free of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, and ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years.
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years if required to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency.
- Must pass background clearance.
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
- Be flexible with hours worked, depending on availability. Availability can change based on client needs.
- Experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.