DSP - Ogden ROC (Day Program)
RISE is seeking an individual to assist clients in our RISE Opportunity Center (ROC)!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide employment assistance (education and assistance regarding employment) and be a mentor to people receiving support through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Understand responsibilities in supporting people in achieving and maintaining integrated and competitive employment. This includes keeping required documentation and any other prescribed or related task.
- Assist people (as applicable to the person) with the following supports: resume assistance, interview preparation and assistance, job development and job searching techniques, providing education regarding potential employment, marketing individuals' employment skills, hygiene, encouraging relationships, provide/arrange transportation, and other needs of the person as identified by the team.
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in developing skills necessary for gaining and maintaining employment.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of a person's skills, talents, interests and motivation, and identify any areas for improvement.
- Attend, attain and maintain certification in the Employment Specialist Training / ACRE Basic Employment Certification.
- Experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must pass a criminal background screening.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle to be used for transporting individuals, acceptable Driving Record, and current automobile insurance that meets minimum requirements of RISE insurance policies.
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 45715