Discovery Specialist - Salem
RISE Employment Services is a division of RISE Services Inc., a growing, 28-year old nonprofit based in Utah, Arizona and Oregon. As an employee, you'll get to be on the front end of a thriving new venture while having the backing of a large and very well established nonprofit. This position offers Medical, Dental and Vision, Mileage Reimbursements, bonuses, and a supplied laptop. In addition we like to keep things competitive and fun. There will be plenty of team lunches and dinners for meeting team goals as well as personal incentives such as gift cards and additional cash bonuses. We’re proud to maintain a team environment where we work hard and love what we do!
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Understand responsibilities of supporting people in achieving and maintaining integrated and competitive employment. This includes keeping required documentation and any other prescribed or related tasks.
- Provide one-on-one support in exploring vocations and be a mentor to people receiving support through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Generate a comprehensive profile for each client, including:
- Work-site assessments.
- Home visits.
- Interviews with family, coworkers, and peers.
- Identifying connections between personal and professional interests.
- Refining a list of possible vocational themes.
-Creating a plan for obtaining gainful employment.
- Must have a desire and interest to work with people with disabilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Must pass a criminal background screening.
- Must have a personal computer or access to one daily.
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle, acceptable Driving Record, and current automobile insurance that meets minimum requirements of RISE insurance policies. Mileage is reimbursed for personal vehicle use.
- Must have a personal cell phone/ smart phone.
- Background in sales, marketing or job development.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities, or human services experience.
- Proficient writing skills and experience with professional documentation.
-College Degree in an applicable field (Psychology, Public Health, Sociology, Human Services, Human Development or Business / Marketing).
-The ability to self-motivate and effectively multi-task.
-Ability to market, network, build strong business relationships and maintain relationships.
-Qualified under IPS, or be a QMHA/ QMHP.
-Previous experience in working with DHS core competency trainings.
-Be able to self-direct, and direct others with ease.
-Experience with teaching others tasks and skill development.