Disability Benefits Specialist
RISE Services is looking for a Disability Benefits Specialist to assist with providing advocacy, counseling, information and referral, education and assistance to RISE clients enabling them to access public benefits and entitlements.
This role will assist the Executive Director, Program Administrators and Directors in the state to successfully manage supports and implement the RISE Services, Inc. Mission, Vision and Values by supporting them in administrative duties, implementation of systems to support human resources and other required functions. Provide training and mentoring of team members regarding client benefits and employment issues.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university with a major in social work, sociology, human services-related field, or other closely related field.
- Two (2) years experience working directly with individuals who are physically or developmentally disabled, or individuals with mental health or substance use disorders or elderly adults.
- Be able to pass a background check
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and/or written formats.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Valid Utah Driver's License. Ability to travel and make home visits within the state and attend meetings, which would be spending nights away from home.
- Basic understanding of computers
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Requires self-direction and sound time management/efficiency skills.
Job Reference #: 38238