Director - Professional Parenting/ Foster Care Program (DCFS)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
We are full time Director responsible for the direction and management of our Professional Parenting/ Foster Care Program (DCFS) program in the Salt Lake Valley through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values and in compliance with all regulations and policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Will be responsible for management, clinical and fiscal direction of the program to ensure success and fiscal sustainability
- Responsible for ongoing development, improvement, expansion, quality control and compliance of services offered through the program
- Provide management and supervision to RISE employees in a manner that exceeds the expectation of RISE customers
- Participate in Family Services Management Team as a part of the Core Leadership team working with other teams to support the Family Services team
- Creates an environment where employees feel comfortable taking risks and sharing new ideas. Build a strong team and instructs staff in team building skills
- Promote and develop new areas of services resulting in increased revenues
- Promotes and engages in positive relationships
- Develop systems to continuously improve the personnel system to support the RISE mission
- Demonstrate competency in financial and budgetary issues as required, including staying within appropriate budgets, maintaining checking ledgers, and adherence to procedures for payroll, billings, and payables, and the ability to instruct staff in these area
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, or other related field
- Proven management and leadership skills, having supervised professional staff a minimum of 5 years
- 1+ year(s) of working with people with disabilities
- 3-5 years experience in foster care, adoption or child welfare services and a current and contemporary understanding of child development, family systems, child welfare systems and Juvenile Court services
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities/mental health needs and related field experience.
- Experience implementing systems to monitor program policy/ procedure and contractual compliance
- Must communicate effectively in individual or group situations, including demonstrating listening, writing, and interpretive skills
- Must have a valid I.D. and be able to pass a background screening.
- Self directed and works with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.