Director of Residential Services
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others? Do you have proven experience overseeing and leading teams within social services? This could be the role for you!
We are currently seeking an experienced, goal-oriented Director of Residential Services to lead our residential team between Salem and Eugene which includes ten residential group homes. This position can office out of either our Salem or Albany office.
- Cell phone stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- 14 paid holidays
- Generous vacation time
- Leadership retreats
- Paid training (in person and online)
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Medical, dental and vision package
- Retirement planning
- Disability & Life insurance
- Pet insurance and discounts
- Ongoing career opportunities and more!
Since 1987, RISE has provided practical, professional, and personal growth opportunities for children, adults, and their families. With our innovative approach, we are dedicated to transforming the lives of the individuals and families we serve through the delivery of person-centered services. Our services have expanded from moving individuals living in institutions to family settings into supporting adults and children with highly diverse support needs in a wide variety of homes and community-based settings.
Our Mission: To create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
This role will supervise our Assistant Directors and Behavior Specialists in effectively supporting the individuals we serve. This position will require an eye for quality assurance and detail, strong leadership abilities, a high sense of urgency, reliable follow through, and a passion for serving our community. This position will have responsibilities in monitoring and improving our systems and processes around recruiting, program development and training. Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and networking skills are a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership for the Residential Department through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Demonstrate respect, promote choice, maintain confidentiality, and promote the rights of people receiving support.
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding all RISE, State, and Federal policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and directly supervise Assistant Directors
- Provide mentoring and guidance to Assistant Directors in regards to managing their region and team, documentation, licensing compliance, and professional development.
- Provide support to subordinates in addressing high-level employee concerns, such as PIPs, terminations, and work with HR as needed to determine plans of action.
- Serve as a role model and resource, including demonstration of work duties, professional mannerisms, written feedback, problem solving, and training of employees.
- Maintain professional support and relationships with funding sources and other community partners.
- Assist in the development of and implement strategic plans in the Residential Department.
- Review and approve Licensing Plan of Improvement documents prior to submission to Licensing and set internal due dates for POI activities.
- Ensure that compliance issues in QA checks and licensing reviews are corrected and that the corrections are maintained
- Lead the development of new program setup, including overseeing staff hiring and training at the Coordinator and DSP levels, and ensuring that all necessary documents, plans of support, medical orders, and tracking systems (including the MAR) are in place prior to entry.
- Visit all programs at least once per month to assess the condition of the home, residents, and the program. Manage major maintenance requests to ensure that homes are in good repair, clean, and safe.
- A desire, interest and experience in working with people with disabilities or special needs required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2years of experience working in a group home setting required.
- 2 years of experience in department management and staff supervision required.
- Strong multi-tasking, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form and able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must.
- Detail-oriented and able to work with and abide by state and organizational rules and policies.
ADDITIONAL CANDIDACY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete and maintain a successful background check
- Must have a valid driver license and successful driving record which includes minimum of 3 years good driving record
RISE is driven to break the model of care for individuals with disabilities by providing exceptional 1:1 care to the individuals we get to serve. We live this mission by providing various programs to grow and support our staff. This is a great opportunity for a responsible, committed individual that wants to be part of making a difference in the lives of others! This is a great opportunity for a responsible, committed individual that wants to be part of making a difference in the lives of others!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.