Direct Support Professional - Summer - Ogden, UT (65491)
Looking for the perfect SUMMER job or internship then look no further. Come spend your summer working with incredible kids who have varying degrees of disabilities and get paid to go swimming, work on crafts, jump around at a trampoline park, play at parks, visit Hill Air Force base and go to the aquarium.
Summer Program runs from the end of May to the middle of August, Monday through Friday. Staff must be able to commit for the entire summer, complete all required trainings before the program begins, and have reliable transportation for pick-up and drop-off. This is a temporary/seasonal position.
RISE Services Inc. is a non-profit organization that is powered by relationships, connection, and community. Our mission is Creating Opportunities for and with People -- not just for our clients, but our staff, and communities as well. We provide in person-centered mentoring to individuals throughout Utah experiencing developmental and intellectual disabilities.
As a Direct Support Professional in our summer program you’ll provide care to school age kids with varying degrees of disability. Your goal is to develop healthy relationships, engage with clients, and be present for milestones in their lives, both big and small. Your success will ensure clients independence, and their physical and emotional safety
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide socialization skills for clients through group and learning activities.
- Assist with documentation for program progress for clients.
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
- Transport clients as necessary to achieve goals in assistance and skills development.
- Provide assistant to clients based on individual needs to include, but not limited to daily living, hygiene, mobility, social skills, therapy and other medical needs.
- Meet administrative expectations to include, but not limited to following policies on hours documentation, detailing notes on shift.
- Follow RISE Mission, Vision, and Values by showing respect and promoting choice.
- Ensure the environment is free of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, and ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years.
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years if required to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency.
- Must pass background clearance.
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
- Be flexible with hours worked, depending on availability. Availability can change based on client needs.
- Experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email hrdept @riseservicesinc.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.