Direct Support Professional Job Coach
RISE provides services for people with disabilities including residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and hourly supports.
Our mission is to create opportunities for and with people. This encompasses not only individuals and families for whom we provide services and supports to, but also employees and stakeholders. We believe in the individuals, families and employees who are part of our organization and that opportunities can and should be created through all of our actions.
We are seeking to hire a full-time Direct Support Professional Job Coach who is passionate about working with individuals with disabilities. This position will provide employment support for people with disabilities. Some of the responsibilities in this role include task analysis, written and verbal direction, emotional and cognitive support, role-modeling, positive behavior supports, maintaining safety, records progress notes, following plans of support and maintains adequate levels of member/client supervision.
Education and Experience
- Experience and education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities
- Bilingual language abilities may be required for certain people/families receiving support
- Required to pass CPR, and First Aid classes while employed and complete renewals
- Verbal and written communication
- Relationship and interpersonal skills
- May be required to transport client using personal vehicle to individual’s job site or community outings
Work Authorization and Clearance
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a background checkincluding passing Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- If required to transport clients, must maintain a valid Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and current auto insurance that meet minimum requirements if personal vehicle is used for transport. Must be at 21 years of age, if required to drive a RISE vehicle
We truly believe that where you work matters- our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives every day and in turn, our client’s bring sunshine to gloomy days.
Onsite hands on human service experience
Competitive hourly rate
Paid for training
Referral Bonus Program
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.