DCI SQL Developer (50827)
We are looking for a SQL Developer to support the IT Operations and Design components of a small healthcare IT Company and our end-customers. There will also be support to our local tools and development resources. Specific duties will include (but not be limited to) developing internal MS-SQL queries and procedures, assisting our internal sales and implementation team in ‘turning up’ new customers, and creating/assisting customers in the creation of custom reports (go-live and post go-live).
You will be our number one SQL resource (we offshore hands of keyboard development) and take ownership of ensuring our SQL (used for a variety of purposes) has high levels of stability, reliability and performance. To do this you will be required to work closely with the CIO (to which you will report), the CTO, and our offshore partner. Performance optimization, SQL performance, and your contribution to our overall operational performance is how you will be measured.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Input to the design and development of high quality database solutions
- Design and write optimal SQL, as part of our IT department, for our main application and the growing body of customers we serve
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Suggest new/differing queries for end-customers
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting
- Investigate exceptions with regard to asset movements
- AOD as defined by the Chief Information Officer
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field
* 10 years of experience as a SQL Developer (particularly in a .net/MS environment) or similar role
* Several years’ experience with Microsoft Azure
* Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
* Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
* Team player
* Good time-management skills
* Great interpersonal and communication skills
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.