DCI Senior SQL Developer (55467)
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. We are a growth oriented company looking to expand in your market.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer a profit sharing program, a growth bonus program, medical, dental and vision coverage, and generous paid time off.
The Senior SQL Developer will report to the Chief Technical Officer. This individual is a specialist in database and ETL development. Responsible for the prototyping, design, development and maintenance of the DCI data warehouse and decision support systems. This individual is also a business specialist applying plan, process and subject matter expertise directly to programmatic constructs and developmental systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze complex business needs, consulting with business partners to determine requirements
- Analyze and assist in determining appropriate solutions to meet business needs through the application of technology
- Identify alternatives based on business needs and develop design specifications for recommended solutions
- Program and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, and other analytical tools
- Interpret and process financial, operational, and medical management data
- Design, create, implement and manage physical data structures (SQL Server)
- Perform data mapping and process modeling across multiple systems
- Analyze business requirements to be incorporated in the architecture and design of database solutions
- Factor current business operations and future business objectives into designs
- Design data architectures for both transactional and decision-support databases
- Perform systems analysis and design in the data tier by using relational, dimensional and/or object modeling
- Import, export and transform data from databases
- Optimize SQL code for performance
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly. In addition to the cybersecurity requirements of all positions at Acumen, the System Administrators and Infrastructure Manager will support the secure design, development, security installation / configuration, and remediation of computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners, and cloud properties. Additionally, these positions will support the proper conduct of incidents, responses and investigations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A TEAM MEMBER:
- Takes personal responsibility for actions. This is demonstrated through owning problems, problem solving and not projecting problems or failures to others or the "system" if not warranted. Demonstrates excellence in work standards, is tenacious in completing tasks.
- Able to effectively problem solve and make decisions. To include resolving crisis situations and developing resolutions between parties.
- Works well with other team members and departments. Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate using respectful relations in order to efficiently accomplish mutual goals and assignments.
- Requests support from team with ample time to accommodate the support request in order to meet deadlines
- Ensures effectiveness in processes to achieve/seek best practice.
- Extensive database experience with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is desired.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data modeling, Web API (Post/Get), SFTP and related tools required.
- Extensive Microsoft experience with core software applications, including Word, Access and Excel.
- Five years of experience developing SQL Server T-SQL applications utilizing stored procedures and functions.
- Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements.
- Excellent technical and creative writing skills using accurate grammatical form
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Excellent verbal skills including communication with individuals and facilitation of large groups
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external customers to accomplish a task or reach an understanding diplomatically and respectfully
- Ability to speak in public, including training
- Ability to interpret and verbally explain numerical data and statistical trends
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.