Customer Relations Specialist
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Customer Relations Specialist assist in standardizing the quality of outgoing communications and maintaining incoming/ outgoing calls as outlined by Acumen's best practices, Medicaid, the state or the contract, and all updates of the mentioned parties. This position will also conduct a variety of other company-wide administrative support tasks. This position is uniquely important as it will often be the first point of contact our customer has with Acumen.
- Interacts daily by phone and electronically with persons of various levels of educational backgrounds and authority.
- Provide excellent customer service to Acumen clients, coworkers and Acumen visitors both on the phone and in-person, and encouraging positive working relationships across the company.
- Analyzes, tracks, thoroughly researches and resolves all customer inquiries.
- Processes incoming and outbound paperwork and electronic communication through manual data entry into several databases with high accuracy.
- Registers potential and existing customers using several data bases with high accuracy.
- Receives, researches, sorts, files, retrieves forms, correspondence and documents of confidential and time-sensitive nature.
- Processes documents to update and maintain files and records.
- Maintains a complex filing system.
- Works well independently with limited supervision.
- Ensures all incoming paperwork and communication is processed by following Acumen, Medicaid, state and program guidelines.
- Uses strategic thinking and maintains a calendar of deadlines in order to prioritize independently according to urgency, and agreed upon timelines, or as otherwise instructed by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Demonstrates a working ability to comprehend all internal/external applications, software, Medicaid guidelines, and contract, state and program guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with numbers; must read and comprehend data in order to effectively relay information to internal and external persons.
- Ability to handle conflict, difficult customers, and also present the skills necessary to de-escalate a given situation.
- Demonstrates the ability to work within a fast changing and fast paced work environment.
- Retrieves messages and will return calls; escalated issues will be delivered to the appropriate Supervisor.
- Review and process emails, will escalate when needed.
- Follow all processes related to position and assigned duties.
- Document new processes as requested by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Identify and share opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions.
- Occasionally work late or on weekends as needed to ensure deadlines and/or high volume demands are met (as approved by Manager or Supervisor).
- Achieve call quotas as determined by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned, or change priorities as instructed by Manager or Supervisor.
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act
- 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and some college courses or degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in Customer Service
- Proficient with 10-key by touch
- Ability to work well with numbers
- Valid Driver’s License and able to lift and transport mail to post office daily
- Advanced computer skills (includes but not limited to: How to compose an email, attach documents to an email, manipulate various type of documents such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- The ability to effectively and respectfully respond to internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Data Entry background with a high degree of accuracy
- A high standard of integrity and sound business ethics
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and meet all assigned deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to recognize a problem and escalate to the appropriate team member for resolution
- Must be able to type at a minimum of 45 wpm
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY