CONTRACT REGISTERED NURSE - Pendleton, OR
Descripción del trabajo
Rise Services, Inc. is a non-profit Social Services organization. We are committed to improving the lives of Adults, and Children with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD). We support individuals, their families and communities through residential, employment and in-home support services. We are looking for a RN to join our team to help us serve individuals with complex support needs, and further our Mission of “CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR & WITH PEOPLE”.
We are looking for an RN to work on a contract basis, who will serve our Pendleton area programs and residents. RISE will provide mentoring, training and career pathing for the right individual or individuals.
- Experience and education in working with individuals who have significant and complex medical issues, including rare disorders
- Experience and or ability to train and coach staff
- Professional license, as required
- Ability to work flexible hours. Specific hours and schedules will change based on the needs of the people who we serve
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision
- Must have interest in working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- Ability to write all necessary materials and communications, relevant to the position, and to interpret policies, procedures and other required written material.
- Ability to interpret and implement RISE and DHS policies/procedures
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job tasks required, which includes basic computer skills
- Appropriate communication skills required to interact Rise staff, management, clients and their families and guardians, local medical community and county and state representatives
- Ability to act as an advocate for Rise and the people we support.
- Ability to interact with medical providers and facilities to assist with the health and safety of the individuals we serve
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology
- Familiarity with teaching and training principles, including nurse delegations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support to people receiving services by developing written medical plans that reinforce individuals support plans. This may include, but not limited to the following:
- Developing medical protocols and strategies
- Write medical assessments (Nursing Assessment and Nursing Care Plan)
- Establish a nurse-patient relationship with a positive rapport
- Track nursing hours provided by person
- Prepare monthly medication logs
- Provide management and supervision of nursing supports in a manner that meets and exceeds the expectation of RISE customers.
- Provides technical support and resources to staff in the correct implementation of medical supports
- Complete nurse delegations and trainings
- Some travel may be required
- Provide nursing support to people in RISE programs,
- Staff training, and follow through with medical protocols implementation
- Attend required training/meetings and complete other assignments as needed
- Conduct regular evaluation of the supports provided
- Modify protocols and strategies as needed
- Knowledgeable of all state/licensing policies; and nursing principles and techniques. Implement this knowledge in development of medical supports. This may include, but not limited to the following:
- Establish required documentation procedures (data)Conduct regular evaluation of the interventions Develop ongoing communication with RISE customers, i.e. supervisor, staff, each respective family/guardian and support coordinator(s) to assess/reassess as needed, priorities and concerns.
- Work well with other team members by demonstrating ability to cooperate with others in the group using friendly, cooperative relations in accomplishing mutual goals and preparing assignments on time.
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Ensure the maintenance of necessary records, logs, and other documentation as required
- Estimate 15 hours a month. Hours could vary from time to time based on medical necessity.