Certified Nursing Assistant
RISE provides services for people with disabilities including residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and hourly supports. Our mission is to create opportunities for and with people. This encompasses not only individuals and families for whom we provide services and supports to, but also employees and stakeholders.
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in our Ogden, UT area who is passionate about working with individuals with disabilities. The CNA is responsible for providing routine daily assistive care to assigned clients to assure client safety and attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of client in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and to provide direct support to people through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision and Values, personal outcome measures, and in compliance with all Corporate and State regulations and policies.
- Provide assistance to people receiving support through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Demonstrate respect and promote choice.
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Understand responsibilities in supporting people in achieving desired outcomes identified in the person’s plan(s) and provide all necessary supports as indicated. This includes keeping required documentation and any other related task.
A. Daily living;
C. Personal care;
D. Meal Planning/preparation/clean-up;
F. Encouraging relationships;
G. Accessing their community, provide/arrange transportation;
I. Behavioral supports to include redirecting and/or physically supporting people using approved techniques.
J. Adequate supervision.
K. Medication and medical issues when indicated. Shall follow medical protocol and doctor’s orders for dealing with unique health needs as required.
L. Other needs of the person as identified by the team.
- Communicate status of supports and other issues/problems as needed with supervisor frequently.
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
- Ensure that clean and safe environments are maintained.
- Quickly and effectively respond to emergency situations and natural disasters per RISE protocol such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR, approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
- Follow RISE personnel practices and policies which include, but are not limited to:
A. Reporting to work on time as scheduled.
B. Refraining from excessive absenteeism.
C. Obtaining prior approval by following established procedures when time off is desired including finding appropriate coverage and reporting to supervisor (per RISE policy) for absence from work.
D. Work all hours as scheduled; getting proper approval for schedule changes.
E. Working overtime only with prior director approval.
F. Attend staff meetings and other mandatory training as required by RISE.
G. Team Member Code of Ethics.
I. Cell Phone Usage
- Follow all RISE and State policies and procedures
- Maintain necessary records, logs, and other documentation as required per PCSP,RISE policy and State requirements
- Plan and implement meaningful activities that promote skill development.
- Submit time worked completely and correctly via the requested method (DCI), entering time punches daily.
- Report immediately any significant incidents to supervisor and complete necessary documentation (i.e. incident report) within 24 hrs.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours worked, depending on availability. Availability can change based on client needs.
- Must be a graduate of a State-approved CNA program.
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years.
- Must pass background clearance application, through the Utah Office of Licensing annually.
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years if required to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency.
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
- Be flexible with hours worked, depending on availability. Availability can change based on client needs.
- Access to a telephone.
- Must be able to meet minimum training requirements and complete renewals as assigned.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s license, acceptable Driving record and current auto insurance that meet the minimum requirements of RISE insurance policies if personal vehicle is used for transporting people.
Experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred.
- Communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening.
- Ability to communicate with multiple customers including the people receiving support, including professional parents, advisors, natural parents, State personnel and others.
- Ability to write all necessary materials and communications relevant to the position and interpret policies, procedures and other required written material.
We truly believe that where you work matters- our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives every day and in turn, our client’s bring sunshine to gloomy days.
Competitive hourly rate
On site- hands on human service experience
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email hrdept @ riseservicesinc.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 104656