Behaviorist - Full time
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE Services is seeking a Behaviorist to provide behavioral services to adults with disabilities and challenging behaviors. Our focus is to improve the quality of life of the individuals we serve with an emphasis on teaching new, appropriate skills to replace difficult behaviors. Our behavioral programs are based on the principles of applied behavior analysis using best practice standards for achieving behavioral change.
This position would be 50% travel and would work out of both Draper and Orem locations and fulfill behavior needs across southern Utah as needed.
- Create and implement behavior plans.
- Conduct regular evaluation of individuals on case-load.
- Knowledgeable of and implement all state/licensing policies regarding the use of behavior management principles and techniques.
- Work as a team assisting with the communication and implementation of supports that will provide the best available support for individuals in services.
- Ensure that the plans, records, logs and other documentation are created and maintained, as required by RISE, the relevant funding source contracts, and state.
- Attend team meetings.
- Effectively advocate for people receiving support.
Candidate MUST have 2 years experience working with people with disabilities
Position includes being on-call and traveling.
- Candidates must either currently have an active BCBA or BCaBA license or be actively pursuing a BCBA or BCaBA license
- Must have formal training in principles of applied behavior analysis and professional license preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in developing and implementing behavior intervention plans and who have a background in ABA or special education. BCBA/BCABA supervision will also be provided if required.
- Must have a person-centered philosophy, be dedicated to quality supports for individuals, self-motivated, honest, dependable and flexible.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required. Also, must have the ability to problem solve, and to work independently as well as being committed to work with a team.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities/mental health needs and related field experience.
- Must have a valid I.D. and be able to pass a background screening.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.