Behavior Technician (56242)
$500 Sign-on Bonus!
Since 1987, RISE has provided practical, professional, and personal growth opportunities for children, adults, and their families. With our innovative approach, we are dedicated to transforming the lives of the individuals and families we serve through the delivery of person-centered services.
Our services have expanded from moving individuals living in institutions to family settings into supporting adults and children with highly diverse support needs in a wide variety of homes and community-based settings.
The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) implements center, school, community, and home-based treatment programs for individuals and their families using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Behavior Technicians are an integral part of the therapy team as their work directly contributes to patient and family success.
Behavior Technicians report to and are directly supervised by the Behavior Technicians Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA). In addition to frequent interactions as part of the therapy team, Behavior Technicians receive individualized mentor-ship from experienced BCBA to ensure the highest quality service.
POSITION EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, minimum
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a Registered Behavior Technician certificate, issued by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) - Agency will help in obtaining certification
- Must obtain and maintain a current CPR/First Aid certificate (provided by the agency)
- Must provide or obtain MANDT and/or other de-escalation certification training, we determined by supervisor (provided by the agency)
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of valid car insurance, and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass State and Federal Background check
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and creative
- Experience working in home setting, and community setting
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to interpret and implement clinical protocols
- Provide direct one-to-one interventions with the child and family as directed in the treatment plan
- Assist the client and the client’s family in implementing behavioral interventions identified in the treatment plan to reduce and respond to problem behaviors, and to teach skills that strengthen appropriate functional behaviors in their place as instructed by the BCBA supervisor
- Collect data to determine the effectiveness of the interventions in place, either manually or electronically at each session and as directed by the BCBA
- Conduct protocols based on specialized assessment and collect data
- Ensure timely submission and completion of all paperwork required of the agency and will keep accurate records for sessions such as treatment notes and time sheets
- Complete all requirements to maintain RBT certification with the BACB and will notify the BCBA immediately if there are any changes to their certification status
- Maintain a record of all supervision documentation necessary for maintaining certification as required by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BCBA)
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the BCBA and other team members about client's treatment
- Receives feedback and is readily able to implement new or modified interventions and procedures as indicated by BCBA or Supervisor
- Effectively communicate with parents/caregivers as instructed by BCBA
- Support the BCBA with training families/ caregivers on ABA principles and implementing individualized treatment plan
- Assist in preparing client materials as instructed
BENEFITS (Offered to Full-Time Employees)
- $500 Sign-On Bonus
- Premium Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- AFLAC (Accident, critical illness etc.)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.