RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
What does this role entail?
The Behavior Specialists / Professionals will model, teach, and provide positive behavioral intervention to children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities, and/or mental health needs. Uses a person-centered, evidence-informed approach to provide consultation to the individual and their support team on the least intrusive strategies and supports to address challenging behavior and keep the individual safe. It also provides support to programs that provide services to the people we serve through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision and Values and in compliance with all regulations and policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) and write coinciding Positive Behavior Support Plans (PBSPs) for individuals and in accordance with all Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs).
- Train families, DSPs, and supporters (designated persons) on developed support plans and documentation to ensure all parties appropriately carry out strategies as outlined.
- Conduct in-person interviews and observations to gather necessary information and data to develop support documents.
- Provide assistance to individuals, parents and guardians receiving our services through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Demonstrate respect, promote choice, maintain confidentiality, and promote the rights of people receiving support.
- Promote an environment that is free of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation.
- Work with county, direct care staff, management, and other team partners in developing goals and objectives, and update plans as needed. Maintains contact and positive relationships will all members of the team.
- Have knowledge of and be trained in Oregon Intervention System (OIS), as well as be willing and able to become a trainer for the agency if needed.
- Manage, track and bill time in our electronic time keeping software. Maintain necessary records and progress notes required by RISE policy and State requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Science, Special Education or other related field required.
- At least one year experience working with Developmentally Disabled individuals required.
- Training in principles in positive behavior support with experience and education in the field of developmental disabilities (such as OIS and positive behavior supports).
- Must have interest and experience supporting difficult behaviors for individuals who are diagnosed with developmental disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- Must be able to work effectively with a team of professional staff in a manner that ensures interventions and services are coordinated in an effective manner in supporting clients.
- Must have a person-centered philosophy, be dedicated to quality supports for individuals, self-motivated, honest, dependable and flexible.
- Strong communication and organization skills required. Must have the ability to problem solve, and to work independently as well as being committed to work with a team.
- This position requires on-call accessibility and some travel is required.
- Strength in Microsoft Word, Excel and written correspondence/documentation.
- Paid training (in person and online)
- Medical, dental and vision package
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 14paid holidays
- Generous vacation time
- Retirement planning
- Disability & Life insurance
- Pet insurance and discounts
- Ongoing career opportunities and more!
RISE is driven to break the model of institutionalized care for individuals with disabilities by providing exceptional 1:1 care to the individuals we get to serve. We live this mission by providing various programs to grow and support our staff. This is a great opportunity for a responsible, committed individual that wants to be part of making a difference in the lives of others! This is a great opportunity for a responsible, committed individual that wants to be part of making a difference in the lives of others!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.