Behavior Specialist - Tooele
RISE Services, a nonprofit human services organization, is seeking a part time Behavior Specialist in Toole, Utah to work with our team of behavioral professionals who implement behavioral services including behavior plans in family settings. The hours are part time, approximately 10 hours per month. The hours vary with some flexibility and may be increased or decreased based upon authorized client hours and need.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and implement behavior plans.
- Conduct regular evaluation of individuals on case-load.
- Knowledgeable of and implement all state/licensing policies regarding the use of behavior management principles and techniques.
- Work as a team assisting with the communication and implementation of supports that will provide the best available support for individuals in services.
- Ensure that the plans, records, logs and other documentation are created and maintained, as required by RISE, the relevant funding source contracts, and state.
- Attend team meetings.
- Effectively advocate for people receiving support.
- Training staff on behavior plans, behavior techniques, and behavior strategies, including training on Safety Care
- Travel for trainings and behavior team meetings may be required up to quarterly
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Education, or licensed as a CSW, MFT, ACMCH in the state of Utah.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, in the process of obtaining certification as a BCBA or BCaBA, or a Bachelor’s Degree with the ability and willingness to enroll in a program in order to obtain licensure as a BCBA or BCaBA within 1 month of hire.
- A person-centered philosophy, be dedicated to quality supports for individuals, self-motivated, honest, dependable and flexible.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required. Also, must have the ability to problem solve, and to work independently as well as being committed to work with a team.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities/mental health needs and related field experience preferred.
- Must have a valid I.D. and be able to pass a background screening.