AZ Residential Behavior Supports Specialist (60054)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
Our mission is to create opportunities for and with people. This encompasses not only individuals and families for whom we provide services and supports to, but also employees and stakeholders. We believe in the individuals, families and employees who are part of our organization and that opportunities can and should be created through all of our actions.
If you are looking for a career with a company whose focus is to create opportunities for and with people, RISE is the company for you.
RISE is in a search to hire a Behavior Supports Specialist to help us create new and meaningful opportunities for the people we support.This role is responsible in providing behavioral supports that include to model, teach and provide 1:1 direct behavioral intervention and skills to individuals who are receiving support from RISE and support to RISE management and direct care staff on behavioral supports’ best practices.
The right person for this position shall demonstrate knowledge of relevant funding agency policies and procedures, implement these policies as required, and do so in a manner that embraces the RISE mission, vision and values.
- Experience and education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred
- Must have interest in working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as people with mental health problems who exhibit difficult behaviors
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job tasks required
- Must be comfortable working with individuals with few verbal communication skills or may not be able to communicate wants and needs in traditional ways.
- Must have good communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with a team of professional and paraprofessional staff in a manner that ensures that interventions and services are coordinated in an effective manner in supporting clients
- Must be comfortable with managing individual’s behaviors
- Must have the ability to work independently and also as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Reliable transportation to the work site and for transporting people, if applicable
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, if required to drive an Intercept or RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by Intercept and RISE insurance policies
- Must maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License, acceptable Driving Record, and current auto insurance coverage that meet minimum requirements of RISE insurance policies if personal vehicle is used for transporting people
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences
- Access to a telephone
- Must be able to meet minimum training requirements and complete renewals as assigned.
RISE offers competitive pay wages depending on experience and excellent benefits.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.