AZ Residential Assistant Director (59783)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE is searching to hire an Assistant Director for our Kingman, AZ region. This person would be responsible for the direction and management of RISE Programs in the designated district/region area through the implementation of the RISE mission, vision and values and in compliance with all regulations and policies and will report the the Regional Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide management and support in a manner that meets and exceeds the expectation of RISE customers
- Responsible to recruit, hire, train, coach, and performance management Direct Support Professionals (DSP) staff
- Assures that the provided support meet the expectations of all policies and procedures including compliance with all DES/DDD and other relevant licensing requirements
- Assure that RISE is a learning organization at all levels and is continually looking for ways to increase knowledge and skills
- Maintain necessary records, logs, and other documentation as required by the RISE planning teams and the state agencies
- Attend all staff meetings and other mandatory training as required
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings
- Complete employees payroll summaries accurately and within designated time frames ensuring compliance with DOL regulations.
- Demonstrate competency in financial and budgetary issues
- Ensure that people are assisted (as relevant to the person) with supports of daily living, medication and medical issues when indicated,accessing the community and etc.
- Ensure that clean and safe environments are maintained
- Frequently interacts with people receiving support
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or two (2) years of supervisory experience in the management of complex programs; or four (4) years of experience and two (2) years supervisory experience
- Previous knowledge and experience working with the State of Arizona Department of Economic Securities Department of Developmental Disabilities is preferred
- Must have excellent and demonstrative verbal and written communication skills
- Appropriate telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel as needed, this position will require travel within your local area as well as other parts of the state as needed
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license, minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet driver requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check, driving record check, drug test and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
RISE offers competitive salary and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403b that includes an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.