AZ Regional Director, Residential Division (70627)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE is currently seeking to hire a creative and results-oriented Regional Director to oversee residential group homes, day center program and Home Community Based Services (HCBS) programs throughout Arizona's Navajo Nation communities. This position is based out of RISE's administrative office in Chinle, Arizona. This role manages service coordinators in effectively supporting the individuals we serve within our programs. This position will have responsibilities in monitoring and improving our systems and processes around recruiting, retention, program development and training. Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and networking skills are a must. This position will require an eye for quality assurance and detail, strong leadership abilities, a high sense of urgency, reliable follow through, direction and management of program and program development, and a strong passion for serving our community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide management and supervision of coordinators in the designated programs.
- Work as a team in strategizing, creating, and overseeing plans that will provide the best available support for individuals in services.
- Knowledgeable of and assures that programs meet expectations of RISE corporate and state policies and procedures, all requirements of funding agencies, and trains staff on policies as required.
- Ensure that the necessary records, logs and other documentation are maintained, as required by RISE and the state.
- Coach, train, and mentor employees, providing positive leadership and team building based on respect, cooperation, and competency.
- Effectively advocate for people receiving support.
- Responsible for proper administration of budgets and financial oversight for designated region.
- Position includes being on-call and traveling
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision
- This position at a minimum requires a bachelor's degree
- A minimum of five years of related industry experience in supervision, coaching, management, training, and development of staff
- Must have a person-centred philosophy and dedication to quality supports for individuals with IT/DD, self-motivated, honest, dependable and flexible
- Ability to create innovative program solutions for people with disabilities
- Experience implementing systems to monitor program policy/procedure and contractual compliance
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills are a must.
- Must possess superb verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrative listening skills
- Strong organizational skills required, must have the ability to problem solve and work independently as well as being committed to work with a team
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, human behavior or principles of psychology, and knowledge of developmental disabilities/mental health needs and related field experience.
- Ability to prepare programmatic budgets and interpret budget results
- Highly motivated, self-directed, honest, dependable and flexibility are key characteristics to be successful in this position
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license, minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet driver requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
RISE offers competitive salary and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403(b) that includes an employer contribution.
If you meet the qualifications on this posting and are interested in joining an amazing team that contributes in making a difference, apply online and include your resume and a cover letter with your application.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is a Navajo Preference in Employment Act (NPEA) and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.