AZ Family Specialist Foster Care Surprise (58921)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home.
RISE FAMILY SERVICES specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody of Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS)
We are recruiting to hire a full-time Family Specialist to assist families in the foster/adoption licensing process. This position will be based out of our Surprise, AZ office. The Family Specialist provides services to foster/adoptive parents and developmental homes for individuals through compliance with all regulations and policies with the implementation of the RISE mission, vision and values statement Creating Opportunities for and With People!
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a family caseload of 25-30 cases
- Foster Parents Training Instructor Rotation
- Attending monthly consultations with families including court hearings, Foster Care Review Board (FCRB) meetings, and Child and Family Team me (CFTS) meetings
- Writing home studies, renewals, midterms, and amendments
- Act as a liaison with DCS
- Participating in Emergency Phone Rotation
- Advocating and educating your foster and adoptive families, being a community resource and support to them
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in the human services field and experience in Social Services
- Must have effective writing and excellent verbal communication skills
- Bilingual skills verbal and written in Spanish is a plus for this position
- Must have reliable transportation to attend daily meetings outside of the office
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license, minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet driver requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check, drug screen test and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
***This position requires a passion to assist families and children in the foster care system!***
If you meet the qualifications on this posting and are interested in joining an amazing team that contributes in making a difference, apply online and include your resume and a cover letter with your application.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities)
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.