AZ Family Services Direct Support Professional (18071)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE believes that most individuals, no matter how unique their needs, are more successful when they are living in a family setting. Unfortunately, some children and adults are unable to live with their own family, permanently or even temporarily, and are in need of a place they can call home.
RISE FAMILY SERVICES specializes in finding and supporting loving and caring families for children and adults in need of foster and/or adoptive homes. RISE provides support through many different programs. Through the Family Services Program we recruit, train, prepare, support and mentor individuals and families to provide stable homes for children in the custody Arizona's Department of Child Safety (DCS) as well as adults and children with Arizona's Department of Developmental Disabilities.
We are currently hiring Direct Support Professionals to provide respite direct support to people and/or their families, and as needed in their own homes through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision and Values and in compliance with all regulations and policies related to "ADH/CDH Respite Services."
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide assistance to people receiving support through the implementation of the RISE mission, vision, and values
- Assist people (as applicable to the person) with the following supports:
- Daily living;
- Intimate care;
- Meal Planning/preparation/clean-up;
- Encouraging relationships
- Accessing their community, provide/arrange transportation
- Demonstrate respect and promote choice
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and or exploitation
- Therapeutic objectives;
- Behavioral supports to include redirecting and/or physically supporting people using approved techniques
- Provide adequate supervision
- Medication and medical issues when indicated; incumbent shall follow medical protocols, doctor’s orders and implement specialized interventions for dealing with unique health needs as required
- Perform other needs of the person/family as identified by the team
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years
- Satisfactory background check, must be able to obtain level one fingerprint clearance card
- Attend onboarding and any required training at the local RISE office
- Trained in Article 9, CPR/FA, and Prevention & Support *must provide certificate (*a requirement for Habilitation)
- Experience and education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences
- Reliable transportation to the work site and access to a smartphone
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 18071