AZ Director HCBS MC Programs (58708)
RISE is a nonprofit organization that specializes in Home and Community Based and Managed Care support services for adults and children with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
The Director for HCBS/MC is responsible for overseeing the management of various Home and Community Based and Managed Care service programs through the implementation of the RISE mission, vision and values statement and maintain compliance with all regulations and policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide management and support in a manner that meets and exceeds the expectation of RISE customers
- Responsible to recruit, hire, train, coach, and performance management Direct Support Professionals (DSP) staff
- Grow RISE's Home Community Base Services and/or Managed Care clientele
- Assures that the provided support meet the expectations of all policies and procedures including compliance with all DES/DDD and other relevant licensing requirements
- Assure that RISE is a learning organization at all levels and is continually looking for ways to increase knowledge and skills
- Maintain necessary records, logs, and other documentation as required by the RISE planning teams and the state agencies
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings, attend all staff meetings and other mandatory training as required
- Complete employees payroll summaries accurately and within designated time frames ensuring compliance with DOL regulations.
- Demonstrate competency in financial and budgetary issues
- Ensure that people are assisted (as relevant to the person) with supports of daily living, medication and medical issues when indicated, accessing the community and etc.
- Ensure that clean and safe environments are maintained
- Frequently interacts with people receiving support
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of developmental disabilities, mental health, and/or other related fields or equivalent and two (2) years of supervisory experience in the field; or four (4) years in the field experience and two (2) years supervisory experience
- Experience needed in In-Home Support
- A proven track record of leading and building human services in an Intellectually and/or Developmentally Disabled environment
- Strong computer and systems skills
- Must have verbal and written communication skills adequate to the specific job
- Language ability (other than English) may be required to meet specific needs of the program(s)
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Some travel required within the state
- Language ability (other than English) may be required to meet specific needs of the program; bilingual Spanish is preferred
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one years of age, possess a valid Arizona driver license and meet requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful drug screen, background check and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Competitive salary and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403(b) that includes an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.