AZ Director Adult Day Program Centers (64657)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE is currently seeking to hire a creative and results-oriented Director to oversee several Day Treatment for Adults (DTA) programs in and around East and West Valley areas within Maricopa county. This Director position is open to be based at our Surprise office location. The DTA Director is responsible for the direction and management of the Day Treatment for Adults Centers (DTAs) throughout Maricopa county and ensures compliance with all regulations and policies including fiscal management and goals of the District's DTA programs. This role also manages DTA Coordinators in effectively supporting the individuals we serve. This position will have responsibilities in monitoring and improving our systems and processes around recruiting, retention, program development and training. Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and networking skills are a must. This position will require an eye for quality assurance and detail, strong leadership abilities, a high sense of urgency, reliable follow through, direction and management of program and program development, and a strong passion for serving our community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide management and supervision of residential group home coordinators in designated programs
- Work as a team in strategizing, creating, and overseeing plans that will provide the best available support for individuals in services
- Knowledgeable of and assures that programs meet expectations of RISE corporate and state policies and procedures, all requirements of funding agencies, and trains staff on policies as required
- Ensure that the necessary records, logs and other documentation are maintained, as required by RISE and the state.
- Coach, train, and mentor employees, providing positive leadership and team building based on respect, cooperation, and competency.
- Effectively advocate for people receiving support
- Responsible for proper administration of budgets and financial oversight for designated region
- Creates new and innovative service models for people with disabilities based on individual choice
- Creates an environment where employees feel comfortable taking risks and sharing new ideas; build strong team and instructs staff in team building skills
- Promotes and develops new area of service resulting in increasing revenues
- Leads state regional management team to sharing and exploring new ideas for improvement
- Lobbies for change in a positive manner with funding agencies
- Position includes being on-call and traveling
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision
- This position at a minimum requires a bachelor's degree
- Must have a minimum of five years of related industry experience in supervision, coaching, management, training, and development of staff
- The ability to create innovative program solutions for people with disabilities.
- Experience implementing systems to monitor program policy/procedure and contractual compliance
- Must possess superb verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form and able to read and interpret written information
- Ability to write all necessary materials and communications relevant to the position and other required written material
- Ability to interpret and implement RISE policies and procedures regarding support services, AZ DES/DDD policies and procedures, and labor law practices related to sub-contractors and employees
- Ability to build relationships and to communicate with multiple customers including the people receiving support, professional parents, advisors, natural parents, state personnel and others
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology, teaching principles, human behavior or principles of psychology
- Ability to prepare programmatic budgets and interpret budget results
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one years of age, valid Arizona driver's license and meet requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
RISE offers competitive salary and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FSA, and a 403b that includes an employer contribution.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone – 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.