ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Associate Director empowers Acumen to achieve its mission of facilitating freedom, choice and opportunity through innovative fiscal agent solutions. Individuals in this role are charged with assisting the Executive Director in representing Acumen to all stakeholders within Arizona and New Mexico. Time is spent at every level, including working with state partners, local program staff, and most importantly our clients. This position may be assigned direct reports with related supervisory responsibilities. The professionalism, work ethic and standards displayed in this position will have a dramatic effect on the reputation and continued success of the company.
- Supervise a staff, which involves direct and indirect responsibilities such as interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, providing performance evaluations, overseeing wage and salary administration, and developing goals as well as procedures to ensure achievement of goals.
- Understand and stay up to date on the program rules, regulations and implementation needs while being able to effectively communicate and explain said rules to external and internal stakeholders.
- Support clients (employers and employees) during their enrollment process; process related paperwork and manage electronic communication, which requires accurate data entry into several databases and meeting deadlines.
- Provide timely and accurate day-to-day support to clients; receive, research and resolve all client inquiries.
- Assist Accounts Receivable team in researching billing issues and claims.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal guidelines including the management of all escalated issues with client families and states.
- Manage Electronic Visit Verification implementation and maintenance including member adoption campaigns and data and aggregation accuracy.
- Coordinate with other FMS contractors and the program training contractor on member referrals, transfers, training needs and customer service responses.
- Analyze trends and resolve customer inquiries pertaining to specific program or contract regulations/guidelines.
- Organize, structure, and schedule one on one or group training sessions to meet the needs of the customer.
- Represent Acumen publicly at events such as conferences, trade shows, forums, stakeholder groups, pre-bidders, etc., which may require public speaking in order to actively market products to the general public.
- Report back from public events on Acumen's brand acceptance and reputation, and customer satisfaction.
- Report program statistics and information to key stakeholders through survey results and regular reporting as necessary.
- Work well independently with limited supervision.
- Work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Perform other work related activities as assigned.
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- Prior experience in customer service and/or client relations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Must be able to travel, including overnight(s), via ground transportation and/or via flight.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license within the state of residence and valid automobile insurance.
- Advanced computer knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email and use of PDFs.
- Ability to handle fluctuating inbound and outbound call volume that can be heavy at times.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- High standard of integrity.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
- Ability to read and work accurately with formulas.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, task oriented.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Patience, perseverance, and follow through skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult clients and/or state stakeholders and/or case managers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Must be able to plan for and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to use all office equipment.
- Experience working with multiple applications.
- Some College or College Degree preferred in related field.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY