Assistant Accounts Receivable Manager (67083)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Assistant Accounts Receivable (A/R) Manager will work closely with the A/R Manager to help provide day-to-day leadership of the department and ensure accurate and timely accounts receivable billings and collections for a high volume, multi-state fiscal agent. Priorities will include (but not limited to) staff management, implementing and maintaining operational controls and requirements, streamlining of processes and procedures, and increasing efficiency and service quality.
- Assist the A/R Manager with day-to-day operations to keep the department on track with prescribed deadlines and due dates and in compliance with all company and payer requirements
- Consistently identify opportunities for improvement and works with A/R Manager to test, document, and implement short-term and long-term resolutions (including process improvement, new technology, and training of team members).
- Create a partner-centric team, meeting or exceeding all partner and payer service requirements. Handle escalated issues with programs and states as necessary.
- Possess and maintain deep knowledge of all A/R and billing functions and uses that knowledge to strategically problem solve and make decisions.
- Lead projects, partners with other departments, and collects and analyzes information to reduce aging and resolve billing issues
- Manage administrative responsibilities such as audit requests, time and attendance tracking, and performance reviews
- Provide leadership, supervision, coaching, feedback, development, and discipline (as necessary) to the A/R team that consists of 2+ direct reports and numerous indirect reports, and acts as a role model within the organization.
- Ensure that A/R specialists and team leads effectively perform the essential functions of their positions while meeting and/or exceeding all partner and contractual expectations and requirements.
- Perform special projects and all other job-related duties as assigned.
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and acting accordingly
- A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or other related field and the resultant knowledge and experience from at least 5 years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced, partner facing organization
- A background in Accounts Receivable/billing is a plus.
- Demonstrated success at leadership of frontline staff. Demonstrated success at recruiting, hiring and retaining a highly marketable and competitive staff. Proven ability to mentor, coach and counsel associates.
- Ability to work unsupervised and achieve tasks related to our organization whether it's oversite of operations or project tasks
- Experience in identifying and recommending updates to operational processes and procedures
- Ability to problem solve and make quick and strategic decisions to solve complex issues
- Change Management Experience
- Advance Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, vLookup's, etc)
- Excellent Communication both verbal and written
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY