ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Agents at Acumen embody the organization’s mission of facilitating freedom, choice and opportunity for individuals with disabilities and their families. The Agent serving Arizona clients is responsible for growing Acumen’s presence within the self-directed community, supporting clients through their lifecycle with the organization, and ensuring contract compliance.
- Establish, foster and grow relationships with key stakeholders including state/program representatives and third party case worker organizations
- Develop strategies to support the growth of existing programs through marketing, education and community outreach to potential recipients and social services organizations
- Act as liaison between the funding entity and Acumen, which includes communicating any opportunities and/or issues that may directly impact the client or Acumen (across all its departments)
- Understand and stay up to date on the program rules, regulations and implementation needs while being able to effectively communicate and explain said rules to external and internal stakeholders
- Support clients (employers and employees) during their enrollment process; process related paperwork and manage electronic communication, which requires accurate data entry into several databases and meeting deadlines
- Provide timely and accurate day-to-day support to clients; receive, research and resolve all client inquiries
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal guidelines including the management of all escalated issues with client families and states
- Work well independently with limited supervision
- Work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays
- Perform other work related activities as assigned
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act
- Prior experience in customer service and/or client relations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Must be able to travel, including overnight(s), via ground transportation and/or via flight.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license within the state of residence and valid automobile insurance.
- Advanced computer knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email and use of PDFs.
- Ability to handle fluctuating inbound and outbound call volume that can be heavy at times.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- High standard of integrity.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
- Ability to read and work accurately with formulas.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, task oriented.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Patience, perseverance, and follow through skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult clients and/or state stakeholders and/or case managers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Must be able to plan for and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to use all office equipment.
- Experience working with multiple applications.
- Some College or College Degree preferred in related field.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY