RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in group homes, in-home care and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 35 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
What does this role entail?
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for overseeing the onboarding process with tasks including I-9 collection, documentation collection, running background and DMV checks in an accurate and timely manner. This position regularly collaborates and maintains relationships with Directors, Coordinators, and office staff to ensure training compliance for the regional area. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of general administrative responsibilities and experience with maintaining an office. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using various software systems and Microsoft Excel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the assistant director, coordinators, team leaders, and other staff members by accomplishing various administrative tasks as requested.
- Reception for walk-in traffic and maintain a priority of answering incoming phone calls.
- Sign for packages delivered, drop off/pick up mail
- Assist in onboarding new hires and overseeing pre-service training.
- Interact with applicants and new employees in a positive and professional manner and assist them in completing applications and new hire paperwork at the time they apply and at orientation.
- Follow-up on all incomplete paperwork and training and implement systems to continuously monitor compliance (such as using data bases frequently and doing personnel audits on employee files).
- Represent RISE in a professional and knowledgeable manner when interacting with the people in the community and people associated with RISE.
- Maintain accurate employee files by keeping up with paperwork and entering it into electronic databases.
- Assist in setting up training classes (CPR/First Aid, OIS) and maintain flow of signed up employees to ensure maximum capacity.
- Communicate effectively with managers about problems with non-compliance of training requirements by employees.
- Assist supervisors in communicating with Payroll about pay information and completing necessary payroll check request to term out employees according to state law.
- Maintain good communication with all RISE Administrative Assistants.
- Be knowledgeable about RISE policies and procedures, company changes, and the types of supports RISE provides in the region.
- Be aware of the people RISE supports and treat each person with dignity and respect.
- Continually look for ways to develop and improve systems to make things run more smoothly and increase efficiency.
- Be responsible for the general office upkeep and organization, ensure equipment maintenance by making the appropriate calls when needed.
- Assist departments with billing, filling, invoice distribution, and communicating with funding sources as needed.
- May generate planners for service providers, invoices, and gather necessary service authorizations on a monthly basis.
- May assist in providing follow-up for outstanding payments.
- Review all reports and documents for spelling, grammar, syntax, and quality prior to distribution.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of administrative office experience preferred.
- Proficient in computer software including Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and professional phone etiquette
Work Authorization & Clearance:
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass criminal background check and driving record check
- Verbal and written communication
- Relationship and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Paid training (in person and online)
- Medical, dental and vision package
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 14 paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement planning
- Disability & Life insurance
- Pet insurance and discounts
- Ongoing career opportunities and more!
RISE is driven to break the model of institutionalized care for individuals with disabilities by providing exceptional 1:1 care to the individuals we get to serve. We live this mission by providing various programs to grow and support our staff. This is a great opportunity for a responsible, committed individual that wants to be part of making a difference in the lives of others!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 104575