Activity Specialist (77610)
Since 1987, RISE has provided practical, professional, and personal growth opportunities for children, adults, and their families. With our innovative approach, we are dedicated to transforming the lives of the individuals and families we serve through the delivery of person-centered services.
Our services have expanded from moving individuals living in institutions to family settings into supporting adults and children with highly diverse support needs in a wide variety of homes and community-based settings.
The Activity Specialist is primarily responsible for facilitating daily and weekly group activities in Rising Stars, an intervention based school readiness program for children with developmental disabilities, behavioral, or functional needs ages 3 to 6 years old. This person works directly with the Clinical Supervisor and other professionals to foster an environment that allows participants to learn and achieve their goals.
POSITION EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old
- High School Diploma/GED
- Possess organizational and time management skills
- Have the willingness to learn, ask questions, and integrate information into daily work tasks
- Be a problem-solver and a self-motivator that takes initiative
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be detail-oriented and a strong problem solver
- Have knowledge in using general office equipment
- Proficiency with Google Office
- Ability to engage and interact effectively with children with developmental disabilities, behavioral, or functional needs through a variety of methods
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- Experience in providing services in an early childhood developmental environment or similar
- Experience interacting with children with developmental disabilities, behavioral, or functional needs
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate group activities for children with developmental disabilities
- Lead Circle Time activities, including songs, story-times, etc.
- Plan & prepare various activities, such as crafts and field trips, as assigned
- Ensure center is clean and organized
- Collaborate and communicate with co-workers as needed
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, & supervisions regularly
- Communicate effectively with staff, clients and family members
- Maintain professional boundaries and a good rapport with clients, families and colleagues
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- AFLAC (Accident, critical illness etc.)
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.