A/R Specialist (71827)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client's lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The AR Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely accounts receivable billings and collections within Acumen. This individual will provide these services to a variety of funding sources as determined and directed by the various contracts and all updates of contracts. This person is responsible to perform the following functions for Acumen, Inc. as well as agencies that contract with Acumen, Inc.
- Accurate and timely preparation of electronic and/or hardcopy medical claims for a variety of funding sources.
- Import billings and post payments into accounting software within rigid timelines.
- Determine and initiate action to resolve denied invoices and all ancillary collection processes.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improved systems and efficiencies.
- Maintain customer confidentiality.
- Adhere to all accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Perform other job-related duties as directed by the supervisor.
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to logically and efficiently analyze issues and address multiple priorities in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills.
- 10 key by touch.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel (intermediate level) and Word as well as E-mail experience.
- Billing and collections experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Solomon, HIPAA and Medicaid experience is a plus.
Acumen, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY