Supported Living Coordinator - Albany
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For 25 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
RISE is currently recruiting for a House Manager/Team Leader in Albany. This position involves managing a home that supports an individual who is diagnosed with a Developmental Disability. The Team Leader role encompasses managing the schedule, employee relations and training of Direct Support Professionals. Frequent contact and communication with families, managers, county/state personnel and Direct Support Professionals is necessary. This position includes direct-care and on-call responsibilities, along with managerial and administrative tasks.
* A desire, interest and experience in working with people with disabilities or special needs required.
* Experience working in a group home setting and/or management experience desired.
* Responsible for supervising staff, scheduling, leading team meetings, training, grocery and meal planning, monitoring medications and developing plans of support for the individuals we serve.
* Strong multi-tasking, communication and problem solving skills required and some college preferred.
* Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must.
* Detail-oriented and able to work with and abide by state and organizational rules and policies.
* Must pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug test, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
This is a Full-Time salaried position with a competitive salary and benefits.