OR - DSP / DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL - Eugene
RISE, Inc. is a non-profit, human services agency providing supports to children and adults with developmental disabilities in a variety of program models and we are looking for potential employees with a passion for supporting people with disabilities. If you enjoy helping others and wish to give back to the community this is an excellent way to make a difference. It's also a great opportunity for persons interested in special education, autism, medical issues, psychology and social services.
Part-time position is for an energetic person who will provide assistance to children and adolescents with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges. The Direct Support Professional position involves assisting the family in the home, taking the individual receiving support on outings in the surrounding community area, providing life skills coaching, providing support in completing daily living tasks in the home, and working through person-specific goals. DSP's also provide support with budgeting, shopping, medication administration, behavior support and a variety of other tasks. We are also looking for staff experienced in working in high behavior homes, or new staff willing to work in an energetic environment with high behavioral needs.
Other Job Functions:
• Provide assistance to people receiving support through the implementation of the RISE Mission, Vision, and Values.
• Demonstrate respect and promote choice.
• Provide personal care (depending on the individual).
• Ensure that a clean and safe environment is maintained.
• Reliably report to work on time and as scheduled. Personal transportation is required.
• Act as a role model in using appropriate language, dress, manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
• Promote the rights of people receiving support, and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
• Attend staff meetings and other mandatory training as required by RISE.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have a valid ID and be able to pass a background screening.
• Willingness and availability to complete paid training.
• Interest in serving others and working with children with disabilities.