DSP - Monticello Residential
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide assistant to clients to include, but not limited to daily living, hygiene, mobility, social skills, therapy and other medical needs.
- Act as an appropriate role model and support people in using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
- Plan and implement meaningful activities that promote skill development.
- Meet administrative expectations to include, but not limited to hours documentation, detailing notes or incidents that occur on shift, and meeting all employer policies.
- Follow RISE Mission, Vision, and Values by showing respect and promoting choice.
- Ensure the home environment is free of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, and ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Quickly and effectively respond to emergency situations and natural disasters per RISE protocol such as fire, application of First Aid, CPR, approved medical protocols, behavior intervention, etc.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years.
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years if required to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency.
- Must pass background clearance.
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
- Be flexible with hours worked, depending on availability. Availability can change based on client needs.
- Experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred.
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.