DSP - Monmouth
RISE is a non-profit human services agency committed to supporting individuals with disabilities and their families. We have openings for Caregivers to work in a variety of capacities and settings, including residential homes, day programs and supporting individuals in the community or in their homes. Depending on the program and availability, we have work schedules that offer flexibility.
Want to hear more?
If you enjoy helping others, this opportunity is a great way for you to make a difference in the lives of others! Highlighted below are a few responsibilities to this position:
- Teaching and assisting individuals with specific goals as outlined in their support plan and according to RISE's mission, values and goals.
- Taking individuals on outings in the surrounding community areas, while helping with client specific goal.
- Assisting individuals with budgeting, shopping and a variety of other task.
- Provide medication administration when needed.
- Demonstrate respect and promote choice, promoting the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is maintained and quickly and effectively respond to emergency situations.
- Provide behavioral supports to include redirecting and/or physically supporting people using approved techniques.
- Role model and teach by using appropriate language, dress, table manners, respect, and other behavior as needed.
RISE offers and assist with required trainings such as CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, etc.
This is a rewarding opportunity!
RISE is an equal opportunity employer.
- Must have a desire and interest in working with people with disabilities or special needs.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years.
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years if required to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency.
- Must pass background clearance.
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
- Experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities or related field preferred.
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.