DSP - La Grande
RISE, Inc. is a non-profit, human services agency providing supports to children and adults with developmental disabilities in a variety of program models and we are looking for potential employees with a passion for supporting people with disabilities. If you enjoy helping others and wish to give back to the community this is an excellent way to make a difference. It's also a great opportunity for persons interested in special education, autism, medical issues, psychology and social services.
!!! PEOPLE WITH VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND GOOD DRIVING RECORDS GET FIRST PREFERENCE &&&
* Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
* Pass approved background check.
* Pass pre-employment drug screening.
* Have basic computer skills including email and database software.
* Have ability to prepare meals and perform light cleaning.
* A valid driver's license to transport clients may be a requirement in some cases.
* For those positions requiring driving, a DMV records check is required.
* Prefer three (3) months of care giving experience.
**Paid training to be obtained shortly after hire (employer will help set up) including
CPR, FIRST AID, the Oregon Intervention System, OSHA training, medication administration, and client-specific trainings. **
* Provide assistance to individuals living on their own.
* Take clients on outings in the surrounding community area to facilitate community
integration opportunities and to work through client-specific goals.
* Provide assistance with budgeting, shopping, medication administration, and a variety
of other supportive in home tasks.
* Cook meals.
* Assist with cleaning and teaching cleaning skills, etc.
* HOURS: Great for students!! Part time positions available.
Learn more about our DSP position:
The video below shares a realistic job preview for our Direct Support Providers. Please take the time to watch this video prior to applying to ensure that this is the right opportunity for you.